[rollei_list] Re: OT: Question re shutter CLA and Ronsonol

  • From: "Roger M. Wiser" <wiserr@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <rollei_list@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 16 Jan 2005 10:12:28 -0600

There is a national  firm nearby in Lake Geneva, WI, "Klockit" that is a
leading supplier to clockmakers. http://www.klockit.com/

They sell oil. I was fixing an old pendulum clock that stopped. Spraying
with WD 40 did not help. I cleaned it with solvent and went to Klockit. That
had oil in 3 oz contailers. One type was $4 and the other was $20. I opted
for the lower price. It worked on the clock and some of the shutters I fixed
on cheaper cameras. Ever since I got oil into the shutter blades I don't
attempt to oil Rolleis. The $20 oil may have been whale or some synthetic
oil