[rollei_list] Re: OT: Question re shutter CLA and Ronsonol

  • From: Eric Goldstein <egoldste@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <rollei_list@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 16 Jan 2005 09:32:20 -0500

Richard Knoppow wrote:

> I have a bottle of Nyoil which I bought from the web I
> think. A large bottle lasts forever. I am pretty sure its a
> synthetic. It works for shutters and for many other things.
> Not expensive or too hard to find. A Google search will find
> many sources. I also use a synthetic oil made by Lebell and
> sold mostly in hobby shops catering to model railroaders (I
> guess thats a railroader who behaves himself). Its available
> in three grades. The middle grade is much like Nyoil, the
> light grade is very light, almost like Kerosine, the heavy
> grade is "sticky" and useful where you want some damping.
> These also are not expensive.

Nyoil is made by the Nye Company of Fairhaven, Massachessetts. Among other
products they produce a line of synthetic lubricants that includes Nyoil.
There is more than one grade of Nyoil. Full information about the company
and technical data for their products is available at:

http://www.asknye.com/about.htm

Micro-Tool sells a specific Nyoil product which one presumes is the product
best suited for camera shutters.

There is also a product called Nyloil made by Nycast. This is a lubricant
designed specifically for use on certain nylon casting.

Eric Goldstein