[rollei_list] Re: OT Mapple...Avedon cameras

  • From: CarlosMFreaza <cmfreaza@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: rollei_list@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 9 Mar 2010 05:38:36 -0300

Yes Peter, the web article shows the cameras he used from 1952 to 1965
(Avedon took photographs up to 2004), the young that appears with
Avedon in the first photograph is the assistant and afterward studio
manager that wrote the article. In 1970 Avedon had taken several of
his most famous photographs with the Rolleiflex and from 1970 he
started to use his LF cameras and other cameras -f.e. Hasselblad- for
his personal and artistic work and for the reasons I explained in a
You can read in the same 1952-1965 Avedon assistant blog the way he
took the photographs about Marilyn Monroe, The Beatles, Paris, the
Harper's Bazaar and others with the Rolleiflex with a lot of technical
details about Avedon and his staff work.

Carlos.