[rollei_list] Re: OT: Lunasix F

  • From: Carlos Manuel Freaza <cmfreaza@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: rollei_list@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 12 Oct 2008 07:05:06 -0700 (PDT)

To complete the story below,  I received the Lunasix F (Luna-Pro F in the
States)with the variable angle tele attachment and a 9v Duracell alkaline
battery yesterday. It is in excellent condition according the seller
description.

I needed to download the main instructions manual from the Gossen site to
understand the way it works, it is different regarding other analog lightmeters
I knew 'cause the LM needle does not show EV, it only moves according the
measured light to indicate the direction you need to rotate the main disc up to
the needle reaches the "0" position and then you can read the exposure in the
discs, it's very easy to handle after you understood the measurement system and
the info you can obtain from the discs is impressive, you can adapt the scales
to include filter factors, contrast measurement, dedicated Zone system
measurement, film reciprocity failure, etc.; according a button position it
reads continous or flash light and has electronic memory for several flash
light measurements (you finally understand why a 9v battery).

The silicon blue cell (identical sbc regarding the cell used for the newests
bests digital lghtmeters)is very sensitive, you can measure hours of exposure
and there is no comparison point regarding the selenium cells and even
regarding the Cds cells.I did a try and could measure low light where selenium
and Cds can't measure it. BTW these features have a cost, it is at least as big
as a Rollei 35 camera (lighter of course) but still comfortable to handle, it
becomes a bit bulky with the tele attachment, anyway this is a very interesting
accesory.

I don't often use lightmeters, only for natural light indoors sometimes and at
dusk and dawn, but perhaps I'll replace the nocturnal exposure tables using
this sbc lightmeter.
I have the tele attachment instructions if someone needs one (it's hardly
necessary really), it is not in the factory web site and it seems it is not
online for free.

Carlos

--- El dom 5-oct-08, Carlos Manuel Freaza <cmfreaza@xxxxxxxxxxxx> escribió:
> I was looking for a long time a cheap and good lightmeter
> without the mercury batteries issue,I have an old Cds
> Kalimar made in Japan using the mercury batteries that
> worked very fine for decades (it still works fine), but the
> disks became loose and despite you adjust them some axis
> seems worn.
> Yesterday I bought a Lunasix F from the eighties with the
> Tele attachment for reduced angle metering -15º and 7.5º-
> in our local eBay and I'm waiting it for the next week,
> according the seller it almost was not used and works fine (
> I cross my fingers); this lightmeter uses a 9v Eveready 522
> alkaline type battery or a rechargable one, I found
> interesting the price ( about 85 U$S), the battery
> availability and the fact it also measures flash light;
> it's also good to know the Gossen factory still repairs
> this model, BTW it would be cheaper to buy other meter than
> to send it to factory for repair, but at least you know
> there are spare parts.
> I'd like to read comments if other members use or used
> this lightmeter, TIA.
>
> Carlos

¡Buscá desde tu celular!

Yahoo! oneSEARCH ahora está en Claro