[rollei_list] Re: OT: Google Earth

  • From: Laurence Cuffe <cuffe@xxxxxxx>
  • To: rollei_list@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 09 Mar 2009 22:01:09 +0000

On 9 Mar 2009, at 21:04, Thor Legvold wrote:

Hi Marc,

I'm not sure I can help. On my system (Mac OS X) I just downloaded the installer, double clicked it, dragged the app to a folder and double clicked it to run it. It's slow, even on fast hardware, but works fine. When it starts, you should get a spinning globe up, and from there you can go, whereever you want!

Maybe your system is too slow to run it? Just an idea, I have no idea what you're machine specs are.

Exacly what 'images' are you trying to access?

Cheers,
Thor

Hi Thor
As a matter of interest, intel or PowerPC based OS X?
Larry Cuffe

On 9. mars. 2009, at 16.39, Marc James Small wrote:

For the fifth or sixth time over the past year, I again wasted two hours trying to figure out how to access Google Earth. Yes, I have downloaded the software. Yes, I have run the connectivity test. Having done that, HOW do I get to the images? The help pages are dense and intensely opaque and do not include any entries on "getting started" or the like.

Can someone who knows Google Earth walk me through this?

Marc

msmall@xxxxxxxxxxxx
Cha robh bàs fir gun ghràs fir!