[rollei_list] Re: OT: Epson Perfection V300 Software

  • From: Don Williams <3237daw@xxxxxxx>
  • To: rollei_list@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 14 Feb 2019 15:11:50 -0600

At 01:27 PM 2/14/2019, Eric Goldstein wrote:

Afraid not, Evan. The software cannot be downloaded from Epson, which is the reason for the request here...

Eric Goldstein

Some older scanner software is hard to get. I finally replaced my Canoscan which was super good, after I found that some components had been lost in moving. The original software distribution disk was also lost but I actually found software on a site in England. Now I have to find all the parts so I can donate it.

I recently bought an Epson Perfection V550 which does a superb job, especially in color restoration, which has now been an issue with me, some material dating back to 1960 and before and suffering badly. I have some transparencies of a snow scene which are almost clear and were restored to truly great color. I may have sent before and after versions to Carlos, not sure whom I sent them to.

Well, back to current issues. I had some interaction with a guy who runs Vuescan, along with, I think, his son.

"Ed Hamrick" <vuescan@xxxxxxxxx>

His software is highly rated but I am reasonably sure that you need to have the OEM drivers for his software system to attach to.

If anyone has experience with Vuescan I would be interested in their experience.

Regards to all out there-

Don Williams