[rollei_list] Re: OT Digital PS

  • From: "Douglas Shea" <dshea@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <rollei_list@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 19 Apr 2005 15:04:46 -0600

-----Original Message-----
From: rollei_list-bounce@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
[mailto:rollei_list-bounce@xxxxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of Thor Legvold
Sent: Tuesday, April 19, 2005 2:21 PM
To: rollei_list@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [rollei_list] Re: OT Digital PS

I bought my cohabitant a Sony DSC P100 for Christmas. Compact,
Vario-Tessar, 5.1MP. The thing we both liked most about it is that it's
very fast and very easy to operate (under a second startup, very little
lag between pressing shutter and exposure, easy operation with clear
user interface and wheel to choose modality).

I've never made any prints from it, so I really can't tell you much
about the quality there, mostly we take shots of our son to send to
relatives via the internet. I use the Rollei or an old Nikon FM2 (with
Kodachrome 64 :-) for shots I plan on making prints from.

Hope this helps.

Thor

I have also had similar favorable results with my Sony (mine is the DSC-V1,
5MP with Vario-Sonnar). They have already replaced my model with a V3 --
things move so fast in the digital world I guess they blew right past the
V2:) The competition is tough in this market so there are many fine cameras
available; I ended up with the Sony based upon favorable reviews, the Zeiss
lens, and brand loyalty. Over the years everything that I've bought from
Sony I've been pleased with, including a little Digicam that my wife plays
with.

There isn't anything about the camera that disappoints me, but I guess I'm
just not ready to embrace digital full-on. I thought this might be the
stepping stone to a Canon or Nikon DSLR, but instead I'm more firmly
entrenched in film than ever before and I don't see that changing for me.

Doug