[rollei_list] Re: OT Culture (was Re: OT History)

  • From: Peter Kotsinadelis <peterk727@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: rollei_list@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 31 Jan 2005 18:16:24 -0800

Gentlemen,=20
Culture is subjective, hence one's man's culture is another's trash.

cul=E2=80=A2ture  Pronunciation: (kul'chur), [key]=20
=E2=80=94n.=20
1. the quality in a person or society that arises from a concern for
what is regarded as excellent in arts, letters, manners, scholarly
pursuits, etc.
2. that which is excellent in the arts, manners, etc.=20
3. a particular form or stage of civilization, as that of a certain
nation or period: Greek culture.
4. development or improvement of the mind by education or training.=20

Peter K

On Mon, 31 Jan 2005 19:30:57 +0000, jon.stanton@xxxxxxxxxxx
<jon.stanton@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Eric.....Sounds like a great idea! <g>
> Jon
>=20
>=20
> > How about if we accept each other's without resorting to that badly dog=
-eared
> > OED?
> >
> > Eric Goldstein ;-)

--=20