[rollei_list] Re: OT: Contax IIIa RD & Biogon 2.8/35mm ...

  • From: `Richard Knoppow <dickburk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: rollei_list@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 21 Oct 2018 14:34:50 -0700

This is reputed to be a superb lens. I am not surprised it has just a little flare since it has 8 air glass surfaces. It would be interesting to see a comparison of lenses which are similar except for the type of coating.

On 10/21/2018 2:09 PM, Jan Decher wrote:

Here is my Contax IIIa postwar coated Biogon 2.8/35mm tree picture on a somewhat hazy day:
https://www.flickr.com/photos/mittelformat/31605133268/

This picture prompted me to sell this lens eventually. Admittedly, I also own the modern Cosina/Zeiss ZM 2.8/35mm Biogon, so did not really need to keep both.

Should really reshoot this picture with the ZM 35mm lens and the AF Zeiss/Sony 35mm Sonnar which I bought this year for the Sony 7II to get the full comparison of all three.

Jan

On Oct 21, 2018, at 9:22 PM, CarlosMFreaza <cmfreaza@xxxxxxxxx <mailto:cmfreaza@xxxxxxxxx>> wrote:
Richard:
               The following image was taken with a Canon EOS 5D Mark II, a very sophisticated digital camera and a Canon EF USM 24-70 multicoated lens. Sometimes the flare has a an artistic purpose:
https://flic.kr/p/NfJCqY

Richard Knoppow
dickburk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
WB6KBL
---
Rollei List

- Post to rollei_list@xxxxxxxxxxxxx

- Online, searchable archives are available at