[rollei_list] Re: OT: Contax II '37 Sonnar T 2/5cm '47

  • From: `Richard Knoppow <dickburk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: rollei_list@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 21 Oct 2018 11:54:22 -0700

That is a lot of flare. The Sonnar has only six glass-air interfaces, same as a Tessar. I wonder if the flare is from something else such as haze in the lens or the cement beginning to separate. Shine a strong flashlight through the lens to see if there is any haze. Biotar type lenses have eight glass-air surfaces and do tend to be flary. Flare from element surface reflections increases geometrically with the number of reflecting surfaces.

On 10/21/2018 3:35 AM, CarlosMFreaza wrote:

I bought a pretty rare lens "Carl Zeiss Jena Nr 3006362" T coated eight years ago and I had never used it. It's part of one of the firsts T coated lenses batches made at Carl Zeiss Jena after the factory destruction during the war, in March 1947; the manufacturing had something to do with Soviet technicians training to manufacture the Contax camera as Kiev in the Soviet Union, but I don't recall details.

Yesterday I put this lens on the Contax II 1937 loaded with an outdated Ilford Delta I kept in the freezer and took some photographs, developing the film with the Romek PQ7:

The sun is in the picture:
https://flic.kr/p/2b9Dm71

Richard Knoppow
dickburk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
WB6KBL
---
Rollei List

- Post to rollei_list@xxxxxxxxxxxxx

- Online, searchable archives are available at