[rollei_list] Re: OT - Bokken (was: Question on operatingand on screen for Rollei GX and Hood)

  • From: "Peter K." <peterk727@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: rollei_list@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 25 May 2005 16:04:58 -0700

Wow Marvin,=20

Very wide open question. Any "standard" lens on any format? Hmmm. I
would say my Rollei TLR with F2.8 Planar is very sharp. I like it
because it is also sharp wide and stopped down.
At middle apertures I would have to say my Rapid Omega 90mm (6x7cm
format) is incredibly sharp. Its a Tessar-type but modified per their
own design. Somewhat soft wide open. At F8 & F11 nothing touches it.
I have several Planar type 50mm lenses on a variety of 35mm SLRs and
Rangefinders. The Canon EOS 50mm F1.4 is excellent, but then again so
are the 45mm F1.4 on my old Yashica Lynx 14 and the 50mm F1.8 on my
Konica IIIM. Very very sharp, but it makes sense as it is a copy of
the Planar design.

Peter K

--=20
Peter K