[rollei_list] Re: OT: Bad Fuji RVP 50 development

  • From: Carlos Manuel Freaza <cmfreaza@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: rollei_list@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 10 Sep 2008 11:01:04 -0700 (PDT)

That serial number is for an earlier 2.8F camera, from 1960 up to about 1961 or
starting 1962 there was the option Planar or Xenotar lens for the 2.8F, this
earlier option is not well known today and even Claus Prochnow does not mention
it in the Report 2 2001 reviewed edition, but I have official Rollei brochures
from that time showing the 2.8F with Planar or Xenotar lens as option and I
have also seen auctions about earlier 2.8F with Xenotar lens, if you have the
Xenotar lens serial number, you can see the lens age here:
http://www.schneideroptics.com/info/age_of_lenses/

Carlos