[rollei_list] Re: OT: Bad Fuji RVP 50 development

  • From: "Richard Knoppow" <dickburk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <rollei_list@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 5 Sep 2008 01:27:38 -0700

----- Original Message ----- From: "Jose royo" <jvroyo@xxxxxxxx>
To: "rollei" <rollei_list@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Friday, September 05, 2008 12:27 AM
Subject: [rollei_list] OT: Bad Fuji RVP 50 development

Hello,
this is a bit OT but not too much since the film in question was shot with a
2,8D.
I picked a film up from a shop after development, when I had a look at it I realised that the pictures haven't normal colors. I thought that they had used the C-41 process instead of the E-6, but the images are clearly negative. I wonder if they have missed some steps in the process.
What can be done? Is it recoverable if they complete the process or would it be better to ask them for scanning and then I can reverse the colors in a
computer?

Thanks for the advise,

Jose Royo.

   Its NOT OT!
Did you mean negative or is this a mistyping? If the images are negative it was processed in C-41 instead of E-6 and no reversal happened. I am not quite sure if a defective E-6 system could result in a negative image since the fogging step would probably result in the entire film comming out black. If it was developed in C-41 I don't think it can be reversed any more because there is no silver left. All of both the developed silver and the remaining silver halide is removed in both negative and reversal color processes. A defective reversal process might result in the colors being wrong or some of the silver image being retained in the emulsion. Wrong colors probably can't be fixed but if the bleach-fix steps were not completed its possible the remaining silver might be removable.

--
Richard Knoppow
Los Angeles, CA, USA