[rollei_list] Re: OT: 16mm Contax G/G2 Lens

  • From: Don Williams <dwilli10@xxxxxxx>
  • To: rollei_list@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 24 Jul 2010 14:47:18 -0500

At 02:37 PM 7/24/2010, you wrote:
A 16mm lens in 35mm doesn't need to focus. I have a Contarex 4.5/21 Biogon adapted to Leica M. It's not RF coupled -- why waste the effort? Even at f/4.5, almost everything in sight is in focus. 16mm is even more pronounced in that regard.

Marc

Ah, So- we are back to the depth of field issue.

I still maintain that if one enlarges an object in an image taken with a wide angle lens to make it the same size as an object taken with a normal lens, the effective depth of field would be the same.

This is an old topic, long worked over about 3-4 years ago.

DAW