[rollei_list] Re: New to the list

  • From: CarlosMFreaza <cmfreaza@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: rollei_list@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 24 Jul 2010 17:19:05 -0300

2010/7/24 Laurence Cuffe <cuffe@xxxxxxx>:
> ..  I've been
> using paterson plastic reels and tanks  for about the last thirty six
> years.  They work fine..."

Paterson plastic tanks and reels are very good, the reels two little
balls make very easy to load them. The Paterson System 4 Universal
tank allows you to develop one 120/220 film and a 35mm film
simultaneously using 790ml and you only need 500ml to develop one
120/220 roll (290ml for 35mm). The first tank lid is a large funnel
itself and then you don't lose liquid through the external funnel, the
liquid is forced to enter into the tank anyway and BTW the tank does
not have liquid leak after you fit the second lid/cap; the tank also
has means to stir the liquid with a dedicated rod provided with the
tank if you don't want to invert it.
I also have from decades ago an excellent plastic argentinean tank
"Romek" but I rarely use it from I bought the Paterson tanks, the
Paterson requires less liquid for the same process, I used the Romek
with a Paterson reel anyway.