[rollei_list] Re: Nikor tank: Thing of Beauty

  • From: Jim Brick <jim@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: rollei_list@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 5 Mar 2008 08:12:08 -0800

This tank has been around for what seems like millennia. I have a
couple of them and they work very well. They WILL NOT, however, take
'glass plates' since the film channels are curved. I typically use
Kodak hard rubber tanks and hangers to process B&W sheet film but use
one of these if I'm using some exotic developer, ie; Windisch,
Beutler, etc.

220 Nikor reels fit in all of the standard size Nikor tanks. I have a
plethora of Nikor tanks and reels, tanks from one 35mm reel to sixteen
35mm (eight 120/220) reels. The 220 reels just have twice the number
of spirals in the same amount of space. They did, at one time, make
220 spirals with the same spacing as 120 reels, but required a larger
diameter tank. It didn't sell well so was quickly dropped.

Jim