[rollei_list] Re: New Scanner needed

  • From: Kirk Thompson <thompsonkirk@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: Rollei List <rollei_list@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 27 Jan 2012 21:44:15 -0800

Yes, for BW & color positives.  But for scanning color negatives you may want
to open the scans as RAW files in LR/ACR, and the 3f program will give you cyan
positives.  These can be inverted, but I found them too hard to correct.

IMO the way to go for color negatives is to make a regular .tif and open it in
ACR/Lightroom for initial processing, using the color temp sliders and
especially Fill and Noise Reduction, if you have deep shadows.  Then open in
PS.

I've been using the old Imacon Portra NC profiles for scanning both old & new
Portra, but I've been told this is a mistake.  The Imacon profiles aren't very
accurate & i was advised that plain 'RGB Standard' is a better choice.

Kirk