[rollei_list] Re: My "new" Rollei P-11 projector

  • From: CarlosMFreaza <cmfreaza@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: rollei_list@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 24 Mar 2010 15:16:24 -0300

Thank you very much Elias. You are right about the video, I don't know
why the operator loaded the projector from the front, it can be done
but it is not the usual way and you need to press a key in the front
ot the projector to do it. The usual way is to load the projector from
the back.

To project the first slide, you press a key at the projector back to
take out the slider lever and then you manually align the first slide
(or any other slide) with the slider lever and the slot in the
projector body, afterward you press other key in the projector back to
insert and to project the first slide, this key makes to come off the
key you previously used to take out the slider lever and after this
first slide you can use the remote control to advance the magazine,
it's very easy; I think the operator in the video did not align the
first slide for the right way or he had some confusion with the keys
or he wanted to show something, otherwise it's very simple.

I have two 500 watts (Philips and Sylvania) and two 300 watts lamps
(Philips) for the projector, three of them unused and then I have
lamps for several years, except if an accident happens, I project
slides about 22-24 hours per year.

This is a good source for old projector bulbs with crossed references
and diagrams:
http://www.donsbulbs.com/cgi-bin/r/t.pl

You also could try this P-11 lamps upgrade method:
http://isaac65.myweb.hinet.net/photo_colec/ROLLEI/P11lampup.htm

Carlos