[rollei_list] Re: My "new" Rollei P-11 projector

  • From: Marc James Small <marcsmall@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: rollei_list@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 25 Mar 2010 16:37:16 -0400

At 04:20 PM 3/25/2010, CarlosMFreaza wrote:
>Hi Jan:
>            Thanks for the advice, indeed the case does not look
>strong enough to support the projector weight in spite of the manual
>opinion.
>If you are interested about a P-11 bulb, I found this Sylvania 400w
>with the projector lamp base at Donsbulb, they say it can work for the
>P-11:
>
>http://www.donsbulbs.com/cgi-bin/r/b.pl/dat%7c120v%7c400w~ansi.html

The availability of bulbs for projectors is astounding. When I overhauled my Zett 150 projector six or seven years ago, I was able to walk a block from my office in Roanoke and find a bulb for it. The projector went out of production in 1958, I believe. I have a Zeiss Ikon negative viewer from 1937. I had to rewire that one, and when I looked around for a bulb, well, I did find out that one was no longer available -- but my local hardware store knew of the problem and sold me an insert and the modern replacement bulb for, as I recall $1.75 plus tax. (That hardware store later got sold and I doubt that the current staff would know of the fix!)

But, yes, projector bulbs are available. Last month, in an off-List conversation, a friend challenged me to find a bulb for my 1939 Revere movie projector. Google coughed up dozens of sources ...

Marc

msmall@xxxxxxxxxxxx
Cha robh bàs fir gun ghràs fir!