[rollei_list] Re: Maxwell screen for my 2.8E? Should I do it despite the $$$?

  • From: "Richard Sintchak" <rich815@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: rollei_list@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 24 Aug 2006 08:51:43 -0700

Thanks all, for your thoughts.  I think I'll stick with the basic
screen for now.  After all other than only occasionally thinking the
screen could be a bit brighter I've had no problems making great
photos with my 2.8E before now.  And $150 just seems a bit rich, even
if it is supposedly "worth the money".  I mean, I'm only paying $147
for pretty much a full blown overhaul of the camera and replacement of
the meter and side panels (I did supply the parts though).  Think I'll
put that money towards the Epson 2400 (to replace my 2200) budget.

Richard S.

On 8/23/06, Allen Zak <azak@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
I've tried a Beatty.  To my eye it focuses same as the Maxwell.  I
prefer the Maxwell because of thinner black lines on the screen while
the Beatty's were blue.  BTW, I couldn't be certain it was an actual
Beatty.  There were no trademarks on it.

Allen Zak