[rollei_list] Re: Maxwell screen for my 2.8E? Should I do it despite the $$$?

  • From: "Richard Knoppow" <dickburk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <rollei_list@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 24 Aug 2006 13:57:05 -0700

----- Original Message ----- From: "Richard Sintchak" <rich815@xxxxxxxxx>
To: <rollei_list@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Thursday, August 24, 2006 8:51 AM
Subject: [rollei_list] Re: Maxwell screen for my 2.8E? Should I do it despite the $$$?

Thanks all, for your thoughts. I think I'll stick with the basic
screen for now. After all other than only occasionally thinking the
screen could be a bit brighter I've had no problems making great
photos with my 2.8E before now. And $150 just seems a bit rich, even
if it is supposedly "worth the money". I mean, I'm only paying $147
for pretty much a full blown overhaul of the camera and replacement of
the meter and side panels (I did supply the parts though). Think I'll
put that money towards the Epson 2400 (to replace my 2200) budget.

Richard S.

Rolleigrids are available and not too expensive. Probably $20 top for one in good condition. They just drop onto the ground glass in any Rollei with the little keeper springs meant for it and the Rolleikin masks. The E certainly has them. The Rolleigrid makes a surprizing difference. A word of warning, don't clean it with alcohol, it will melt, they are made of something that dissolves in alcohol. Dishwashing detergent works fine. Because the grid drops onto the outside of the GG it does not require any adjustment and can be removed at any time.

---
Richard Knoppow
Los Angeles, CA, USA
dickburk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx