[rollei_list] Re: Lens Serial Nr.

  • From: "Roger M. Wiser" <wiserr@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <rollei_list@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 26 Jul 2005 11:30:55 -0500

Marc, thanks for the research information on the Ikoflex. In features the Ia would be akin to a Rolleicord whereas the IIa resembles the Rolleiflex. While the Ia does not have the features of the IIa I am hoping that it will compare in picture quality.

Also thanks to Chris Brown who gave a wealth of information on both the benefits and quirks of the II. By Chris's description it seems he may have the pre-WWII whereas I have the post war Ia. I presume this follows the Contax designations. The film advance points were very helpful.

You, Chris and Jerry L. were certainly helpful in introducing me to my Ikoflex acquisition.

Roger

----- Original Message ----- From: "Marc James Small" <msmall@xxxxxxxxxxxx>