[rollei_list] Re: Ikonta Film Spacing was Fuji/Bessa folder rangefinder.

  • From: "Austin Franklin" <austin.franklin@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <rollei_list@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 9 Apr 2009 14:45:13 -0400

Hi Marc,

I'd have to concur with you on this.  In the more than a decade I've been
using Super Ikontas (I probably have 30 or more of them...), I've only run
into film spacing issues with cameras that needed the "sludge" cleaned out
of the film advance mechanism.  Once I've done that, or heated it up and
worked it in as I previously suggested, they have always work
perfectly...and they are superb cameras IMO.

Biggest issue I've seen with Super Ikontas is bad focusing.  This is caused
by someone who doesn't know what they are doing putting the front element
assembly back on not realizing (or caring) that it has multiple helical
threads, so it can be screwed in some, I believe, 6 different "ways".

Regards,

Austin