[rollei_list] Re: Fw: SL 2000 F - and my attitude about it

  • From: Peter Mattei <petermattei@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: rollei_list@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 15 Dec 2015 07:17:42 -0800

Reed,

If you find a repair station for the 2000, please let us all know. I had a
relatively new one a few years ago but put it way alongside several Sl
35E's. It was in perfect working condition and was ideal for the matching
16mm Distagon. However, when I pulled it out to use it on a whim, it was -
and is - completely dead.

Peter

On 15 December 2015 at 07:07, Reed <rgeorge911@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

I'm a committed Rolleiflex user ( well over 10 years now), but so far that
has been restricted to TLRs, culminating in my most-wonder 2.8F Planar.

Yesterday, I for the first time laid eyes on a SL 2000 F.
Uncharacteristically moved by passion, I convinced my friend to sell it to
me on the spot (including a Planar 50/1.8 and Sonnar 135/2.8). At a fair
but not insignificant price, I should add.

Upon getting home with it, I made the mistake of reading the reliability
problems with this particular camera, and began to obsess a little about
what happens if/when it stops working.

In short, I put out a couple of feelers, and also request any input from
you on who may be able to fix this lovely old camera should it go down. At
this point, I feel like I should consider having a functional backup,
instead of relying on any kind of repair in the future. But, spares also
don't come cheap.

Now, to my attitude on it. Also uncharacteristically, I'm going to enjoy
this camera without too much worry for the future. It is a lovely, unique,
wonderful piece of photographic history. And, it has seemingly made it
through more than 30 years and is working perfectly as far as I can tell.
So, caution to the wind, I'm going to shoot it as much and as long as I can!

Input welcome.

Reed

--

*This message is intended for a particular addressee only and may contain
business or company secrets. If you have received this email in error,