[rollei_list] Re: Fw: SL 2000 F - and my attitude about it

  • From: CarlosMFreaza <cmfreaza@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "rollei_list@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <rollei_list@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 15 Dec 2015 13:36:05 -0300

Congratulations for your Rolleiflex 2000F camera.

FSS Service in Braunschweig (Brunswick), Germany, brought to life again my
Voigtländer VSL 3 E camera, made by Rollei with identical electronics and
mechanics regarding the Rolleiflex SL35 E and sharing several electronic
parts with the SL 2000F like the electronic shutter. They are at the former
Voigtländer premises and have spare parts: http://www.ffs-service.de/

The SL 2000F used 100% of the VSL3 E/Rollei 35 SL E shutter electronics.

This is some detail for my camera repair made in 2012:
Camera disassemble, new electronic shutter, general electronics repair and
replacement with new parts, new focusing screen, automatic exposure repair
and adjustment, general CLA: Labor cost 152 Eur, spare parts 74,80 Eur,
shipping, 42,20 Eur, 19% VAT. 51,15 Eur, Total, 320, 35 Eur. The work
had a warranty
for 12 months.

I have taken several rolls with the repaired camera and it works perfect
for every function.
You could use your QBM lenses with any Rolleiflex or Voigtländer camera
with QBM, there are some differences for QBM I, II, III and IV, but they
are compatible.

I'm a committed Rolleiflex user ( well over 10 years now), but so far that
has been restricted to TLRs, culminating in my most-wonder 2.8F Planar.

Yesterday, I for the first time laid eyes on a SL 2000 F.
Uncharacteristically moved by passion, I convinced my friend to sell it to
me on the spot (including a Planar 50/1.8 and Sonnar 135/2.8). At a fair
but not insignificant price, I should add.

Upon getting home with it, I made the mistake of reading the reliability
problems with this particular camera, and began to obsess a little about
what happens if/when it stops working.

In short, I put out a couple of feelers, and also request any input from
you on who may be able to fix this lovely old camera should it go down. At
this point, I feel like I should consider having a functional backup,
instead of relying on any kind of repair in the future. But, spares also
don't come cheap.

Now, to my attitude on it. Also uncharacteristically, I'm going to enjoy
this camera without too much worry for the future. It is a lovely, unique,
wonderful piece of photographic history. And, it has seemingly made it
through more than 30 years and is working perfectly as far as I can tell.
So, caution to the wind, I'm going to shoot it as much and as long as I can!

Input welcome.

Reed