[rollei_list] Re: Friday for-sale

  • From: Jerry Lehrer <glehrer@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: rollei_list@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 19 Oct 2012 16:32:32 -0700

Peter,

WTF is a "long tail" approach?

As example, I have a collection of Leica Photography magazines from 1936 to 1942, which I plan to give to a member of the Leica Users Group who must pick it up in person. Some issues are bug eaten, but so what! I will not go to the trouble
of scanning it or shipping it.

Jerry

On 10/19/2012 4:11 PM, Peter Mattei wrote:
Jerry, I didn't mean for him to give it away; rather, he could exercise the "long tail" approach and make money on the multiple copies, thus making more money. - thus the suggestion for .pdf's or disks.

On Fri, Oct 19, 2012 at 4:00 PM, Jerry Lehrer <glehrer@xxxxxxxxxx <mailto:glehrer@xxxxxxxxxx>> wrote:

    Peter,

    NO!  Do you realize what a FPITA it would be to scan those hundred
    pages of Rollei esoterica so that everyone could get a free ride?

    Dave is entitled to SELL his ephemera to the first bidder, not
    give it away.

    Jerry

    On 10/18/2012 10:49 PM, Peter Mattei wrote:
    Dave,  Have you thought of giving this treasure trove a greater
    audience and exposure by .pdf-ing the pages so that a digital
    copy could be made available to the larger Rolleiphile
    population?  Maybe this would both return you more lucre and
    allow us all to spread the cost across a wider base. Just sayin'.

    On Thu, Oct 18, 2012 at 5:52 PM, Dave Jenkins <djphoto@xxxxxxx
    <mailto:djphoto@xxxxxxx>> wrote:

        A VERY RARE FIND FOR LOVERS OF ROLLEI PHOTOGRAPHY:
        _*Photography with Rolleiflex and Rolleicord*_, a 20-page
        quarterly magazine edited by Dr. Walther Heering. I have
        March, 1936 (volume 1, No.1), June, September, and December,
        1936, September and December, 1937, March and June, 1938, all
        intact. I also have March and June 1937 complete but with
        loose covers. June, September, and December 1938 are complete
        but have been bug-chewed. All are readable and pictures are
        available. $195 for all includes postage to CONUS and PayPal
        fees. My PayPal ID is djphoto@xxxxxxx
        <mailto:djphoto@xxxxxxx>. Contact me at djphoto@xxxxxxx
        <mailto:djphoto@xxxxxxx>.

        Kind regards,