[rollei_list] Re: Found this on eBay

  • From: CarlosMFreaza <cmfreaza@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: rollei_list@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 16 Oct 2012 17:58:35 -0300

2012/10/16 Uwe Wolfgang Steinke <paintingwithlenses@xxxxxxxxx>:
> Thanks Carlos!
>
> Do you know the Rollei-reports by heart? Unfortunately I don't have
> them -  I'd even buy them as PDF…

You are welcome Uwe. This is a good source for books about photography
in Germany:
http://www.lindemanns.de/shop/photobookshop/uusuch507dc4b606bd3.php

Claus Prochnow wrote seven books about Rollei history, Rollei cameras
technical description, manufacture data, variants, accesories,
prototypes and models development, patents, etc, , they are Rollei
Report 1, 2, 3, 4 and 5, a Rollei Technical Report and a book about
the Rollei 35 history, it is the same regarding the Rollei 35 content
in the Report 3 but it has very nice color photographs.
The Rollei Report 2 about the most known TLR models had three editions
and I could see it is sold out in some bookstores including Lindemanns
and Camerabooks in California, I recommend the second or third
edition, the first edition has some significant omissions like the
Rolleiflex 2.8A with the Carl Zeiss Jena lens. The Mini- Reports
summarize some data in the Rollei Report books.
I knew about Claus Prochnow books and other books and authors
following and belonging to the Rollei list mainly.