[rollei_list] Re: Do You?

  • From: Mark Rabiner <mark@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <rollei_list@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 16 Mar 2008 00:11:12 -0400

> I certainly remember licking the base of flashbulbs,  presumably to get a
> clean contact and prevent misfire.  If I live to be  100, which is not likely,
> will never forget the smell of a freshly fired  flashbulb!
> Charlie Silverman

I licked every flashbulb I ever shot after one didn't go off and they told
me to lick it. Most worked after that.
But what are you going to do not lick one and then it doesn't work and you
know why!
With my (1960-2) Brownie Starlet and  1963 Instamatic 100  126 Cartridge
28x28mm  between the ages of 10 and 13.
My flashbulbs were popping and so was my voice!

I have to do research and find out which flashbulbs they used.
I think the Instamatic used smaller ones. A1's maybe.

Underwater if it was me I'd use clear ones. It seems blue enough down there.
But what don't know about  Underwater photography you can fill a book.

First JAWS then that STING RAY gets the guy who was the Australian cobra
whisperer you wont find me there. I'd rather jump out an airplane.
Take my chances in a free fall. Just as long as they don't throw a giant
sting ray out the plane after me.

Mark William Rabiner
markrabiner.com