[rollei_list] Re: Do You?

  • From: Don Williams <dwilli10@xxxxxxx>
  • To: rollei_list@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 15 Mar 2008 17:23:22 -0500

At 12:36 PM 3/15/2008 -0700, you wrote:
>Don
>
>I dunno 'bout you, but I used blue #5 bulbs because that was all
>that I used to have.
>
>Under water there is a paucity of red as you go deeper
Jerry,

That (loss of red light from the surface) wasn't an issue with flash
because you were, of necessity, working at a short range and the
flash was, for all practical purposes, the only source of light.  I
also used #5 blue mostly and daylight film, mostly transparency
films.   I also designed a custom flash gun that had a tilting head
calibrated to center on the object with Rolleinar 1 and 2 close-up lenses.

For distances beyond flash range, I used a CC 20R or CC 30R filter in
the Rolleimarin turret which could also hold one of the two close-up
lenses.  They helped a little, not creating any more red light, just
cutting down the blue-greens.

Now with PhotoShop it should be a different story.