[rollei_list] Re: Advice needed

  • From: Java man <javamaan@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: rollei_list@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 28 Sep 2005 22:31:29 -0400

Richard,
THanks a lot for that info. I went hunting for a good book on Rollei TLRs. I
have gotten a rollei repair manual. Now looking at the TLR it looks like I
need to remove the leather. Is there a solvent i can use to dissolve the
glue to free the leather or applying Naptha will do the job.

Javaman.

On 9/24/05, Richard Knoppow <dickburk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> I bought my MX, earlier than the EVS model, for $90
> several years ago mainly to practice on. It seemed to have
> some major problem, jamming maybe. Anyway, I discovered
> there really wasn't much wrong with it so I got a good
> camera but less practice than I thought I would get.
> There are two pretty good sources of information
> available, maybe three. These are "Rollei Technical Report"
> Claus Prochnow, which has a pretty good exposition with
> photos of how to get the front off and clean the shutter.
> The others are a factory manual covering most, if not all,
> of the later models. This is available from both Petra
> Keller (http://www.camerabooks.com) and from John S. Craig
> (http://www.craigcamera.com) In addition I think John has
> reprints of the old National Camera repair guids for Rollei.

<snipped>

---