[rollei_list] Re: APX 400 is back!

  • From: Sanders McNew <sanders@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: rollei_list@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 17 Jun 2010 08:48:25 -0400

Marc, Adox is the manufacturer of Efke films as well --
they are the same company.  Adox bought key equipment
(e.g., confectioning kettles) and IP from the Agfa liquidation,
and hired key Agfa engineers who knew the details of how
Agfa had manufactured its films and papers, and has since
been in the process of recreating them.  Their first efforts
went to the recreation of the papers and now MCC 111
lives again, the only perceptible difference being a very
slightly whiter paper surface, and slightly more of a color
shift in selenium.

They are now working on the films, and have coated a
run of APX 400.  APX 100 is also on the way, and Adox
has committed to making it in all formats from 135 to ULF.

By the way, they also bought the confectioning kettle and
other equipment that was used to make Forte Polywarmtone
and are aiming to bring that paper back to market in the
near future.