[rodgersorgan] Re: music box

  • From: "Noel Heinze" <noel.heinze@xxxxxxx>
  • To: <rodgersorgan@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 28 Apr 2003 23:55:26 -0400

My congregation is older, very conservative.  They like some PR300S sounds,
used now and then...they have asked for guitar, harp, piano, strings, brass
and timpani, even choir ahs, but not every hymn, not every Sunday...they are
spellbound by the French horn, they enjoy all the different chime/bell
sounds, harpsichord, etc.  Most of them would draw the line at bird chirps
and thunder.  And then there's the volume issue...several months ago we sang
"Crown Him with Many Crowns" full tilt, every MIDI piston lit, smoke coming
from the speakers, the Baptists heard it two blocks away, the priest was
moved to say "I want that sung at my funeral!" and everyone applauded.  We
did it again recently...too loud, I was told.  Maybe it's the economy, or
Iraq, or a loved one died, or the joints are a little stiffer today.  Maybe
Helen, who has a lovely big voice and sings descants, wasn't there to do her
thing.  I'm just grateful that we have tools like the PR300S to help.

Noel Heinze, Asheville, NC
St. Giles Chapel, Deerfield Episcopal Retirement Community
Rodgers 835B and PR300S

New low pricing on books and music for the Rodgers Organ at www.frogmusic.com