[rodgersorganusers] help deciding between i577 or 795

  • From: tcbussey@xxxxxxxxxxx
  • To: rodgersorgan@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 11 Dec 2003 22:16:02 -0500

Hello, I need some help deciding in a new Insignia 577 or a used 795
with a speaker complement.  Both are at roughly the same price.  I am
attracted to the spec of the 795 but realize the lack of RSS and the
sound memory and possible polyphony issues with full registrations (at
least that I have been told).  I am attracted to the two midi stops per
division and the fuller stoplist compared to the i577.  However I am
also aware that I would be buying an instrument without a warranty.  I
haven't been able to hear the 795 yet, but love the i577.  Another
benefit to the i577 is that the dealer will give me a great deal on the
MX-200, although from the previous discussion  on the MX-200 and the
inability to layer sounds on one midi channel, the limitations of the
one midi stop per division on the Insignia will limit the potential of
the MX-200.

Any help is appreciated.  The instrument is for my home use.

Tim

If you have any difficulty with this or PayPal,
please contact noeljones@xxxxxxxxxxxxx for help!