[rodgersorgan] Re: Skirting the issue...

  • From: "Bill Dake" <chrisj@xxxxxxxx>
  • To: <rodgersorgan@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 23 Apr 2003 17:19:19 -0400

On the contrary..I welcome the candid and open discussion on contemporary
music vs. traditional. This has been a long going issue at my church too.
The discussion on Rodgers organs is valuable to all of us who enjoy using
these instruments.  But after awhile one could be tempted to say "enough,
read the manual!". ...As a 30 year organist, music director and high school
choral director I appreciate the "lively" debate on the styles of music we
are presenting in our churches. We can certainly "agree to disagree" and
bring something valuable away from the discussion that can be quite helpful
to the group.....On the other hand the "tech talk" can be tedious at best
when it doesn't pertain to you or your particular organ or midi.

As moderator of the group you certainly have full control over the topics
discussed. I am thankful that we have this venue to vent and improve
ourselves as we use our electronic digital wonders!!

Dr. William Dake,
Music Director & Organist
St.Andrew Lutheran Church,
Port St. Lucie, Florida