[rodgersorgan] Re: Rodgers 340 and its electronics/connections

  • From: "Jean Moquin" <jean.moquin@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <rodgersorgan@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 16 Dec 2002 07:00:49 -0500

Hello Patrick,

                    First, your 340 is a multi channel instrument....my
advice would be to use as many channels as provided, with a separate amp and
speaker unit for each of them. I own two Rodgers organs of the same vintage
as your 340 (a 330E and a 333)....the 330E is provided with six (6) output
channels.The organ can be operated with only two connected, via switches
located inside the console, but  voicing would be limited here (I am using
the six channels here).

                    The output signals, from each of the plugs located at
the back of your console, are numbered as such:
a) 4 and 5 are the signal from the preamps
b) 2 and 3 is the signal operating the relay located inside each amp
c) 1 is the ground

            You could built yourself some makeshift cables (to connect the
organ to "commercial" type amps) and then use only no 4 and 5 on each output
plugs. But, my advice here would be to use sheilded cables with braided
conductors as sold by electronic material retailers.

Best,

Jean