[rodgersorgan] Rodgers 340 and its electronics/connections

  • From: "PATRICK LANE" <capt737aa@xxxxxxx>
  • To: rodgersorgan@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 15 Dec 2002 18:24:45 -0800

Dear List:

I have a Rodgers 340 Theatre organ with which I'm considering the purchase
ofa new amplifier for the speakers.

I have two questions...

1.  The 340 plugs from the console and into the current S-100 amps are of an
amphenol style...basically a 5 pin plug system from the console into the
amp.

If I was to buy a modern day amp, and I'm guessing they don't use the
amphenol type plug on present day amps, does anyone know if there is a
converter of sorts to use to go from a 5-pin amphenol into an RCA plug/jack
in the amps of today?  (I'm guessing the modern day amps use rca type jacks
and inputs)

2.  Is having a single larger "multi-channel" amp with say, 3-4 channels of
output  a better, neutral or worse set-up?  (Each channel having at least
the100W each so it's equal to the S-100's from Rodgers)

I'm trying to keep things simple and thought if I had only one amp with the
3channels I need for the 340 (Main, Brass and Tibia), it would be a simpler
all around system....but I don't know if I'd be compromising by doing so.
(Won't need the 4th channel pedal amp as my subwoofer is powered)

Any and all thoughts and suggestions are sought here.

Thanks and I hope everyone has a Very Happy Holiday Season!!!!!

Patrick Lane

the new MSN 8[1] and get 2 months FREE*

--- Links ---
   1 http://g.msn.com/8HMEEN/2015
-

May all your bloopers be grace notes this hoiliday season! From the Staff at FMP

To unsubscribe or change mail delivery (digest, vacation) go to our website at
www.frogmusic.com/rodgers.html