[rodgersorgan] Dethier piece

  • From: "Carlo Pietroniro" <organist@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "Carlo Pietroniro" <organist@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 15 Dec 2002 19:31:25 -0500

I've received so many requests for the Dethier piece, and I'm very pleased to
be able to offer it to everyone. So far, everyone should have the first 3
pages, as well as the midi file I created. I used Adobe Photoshop to restore
it. If you use the same, there is an option to either enlarge or shrink to fit
the page. For those of you using ACDSee, there's also an option that will do
this.

I'm pretty sure that just about any picture-viewing program should have a
'print set-up' option.

It may look BIG, but it will print perfectly on a standard 8½ by 11, which was
the original size. Make sure to print on 'landscape'.

For those interested, the restoration included putting in the notes that had
faded, erasing all the pencil/pen marks that were on every page (put there by
the organist who owned it), and having it on clear white paper. The original
was a light beige, which was really dark. When scanning as 'line art', the
scanner only picks up what's on the paper, and not the actual color of the
paper itself.

Here's an interesting fact......on the front cover, the price is $2.50
In 1902 dollars.....quite a bit!

Once I'm done sending it, I'll scan the cover page, in case anyone might want
it.

Carlo Pietroniro

-

May all your bloopers be grace notes this hoiliday season! From the Staff at FMP

To unsubscribe or change mail delivery (digest, vacation) go to our website at
www.frogmusic.com/rodgers.html