[rodgersorgan] Re: Residency

  • From: Kzimmer0817@xxxxxxx
  • To: rodgersorgan@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 21 Mar 2003 15:29:42 -0500

Mark,

Congratulations on your match.

I haven't been reading many of my messages lately, but the word "residency"
caught my eye.  You mentioned about "matching" at a program in Madison, Wi.
I'm not a professional organist, so the only "matching into programs" with
which I'm familiar is the residency matching program for medical students
applying for internships.  I remember my "Match Day" in March of 1984.  Having
listed five Family Practice residency programs on my "match form" I was
accepted by my 2nd choice.  As it turned out, that was probably the better
choice after all.

I've been in private medical practice for 16 years now.  I've continued to use
music as a hobby.  I've played an electronic organ at my church for several
years.  Now that we've changed churches, I'm not at the bench.  After 30 years
of dreaming about it, I acquired a 10 rank pipe organ to rebuild.  It's in
pieces in my basement right now.  I hope to have it playing by the end of the
summer.

While I've grown up in Georgia, my family is from Minnesota.  I have some
relatives in St. Paul, Minnesota. My dad lived in Wisconsin for several years.

Anyway, congratulations.  Sorry I haven't been keeping up with the Rodgers
organ news.

Keith Zimmerman, M.D.
Commerce, Georgia
*
Frog Music Press Introduces two new books:
Hymn Tune and Classical Duets for Organ and Piano (or PR-300)
----