[rodgersorgan] RE Subscription

  • From: "Paul Rivers" <privers@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <rodgersorgan@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 11 Dec 2002 22:41:31 -0500

Hi - I am a church organist of long standing, now retired, but am trying to
assist a church in the Toronto area to add a Leslie speaker to a Rodgers w5000
organ which they own - they want to emulate the ability to emulate the Hammond
B3 sound as closely as possible (along with the many other sounds the W5000 is
capable of).  My experience is mostly playing and repairing vintage Hammond
tonewheel generator organs.  I currently own a Hammond C3 with a 251 Leslie and
an M3 with a 120 Leslie, both in excellent condition.

I have owned and repaired other organs and Leslie speakers in the past,
including a 710 Leslie which was 11-pin hookup (to the best of my
recollection).  However I presently have no data on Leslies, but I believe the
710 might be suitable for the W5000.  Can someone confirm this and tell me
where Leslies are available today?

Thanks,

Paul Rivers
-

May all your bloopers be grace notes this hoiliday season! From the Staff at FMP

To unsubscribe or change mail delivery (digest, vacation) go to our website at
www.frogmusic.com/rodgers.html