[rodgersorganusers] Re: Problems with MIDI in Custom 4-manual

  • From: "John G. Cormack" <jackjack@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: rodgersorgan@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 01 Dec 2003 10:52:08 -0500

At 08:10 PM 11/30/2003 -0500, you wrote:

>We tried to connect a computer to our Rodgers Custom Four Manual the other
>day to try recording in Cakewalk Express. We ran into problems where the
>stops could not be changed manually after Cakewalk started (we have the
>solenoid drawstops, not the lighted ones). If we attempted to draw a stop
>that was in, it immediately was pulled back in. I believe that it is
>because of standard setup messages that Cakewalk is sending during setup,
>and also after playing a track. I can set it up so it does not send those
>messages (all notes off, pitch bend normal, etc.), but I am reluctant to
>try it again for fear of causing problems with the organ. Has anyone
>experienced anything similar? Thanks!
>
>Jack Cloninger

Jack:

After sleeping on your problem, my guess is that you do not have
the MIDI cables connected properly.  Read the instruction book and
be sure that the cables are plugged in to the correct sockets on the organ.
The instruction book for the 927 is very explicit about how to connect
MIDI cables.  I can extract the appropriate pages and send to you if
they would be of any help.

Jack Cormack
Potomac, Maryland

If you have any difficulty with this or PayPal,
please contact noeljones@xxxxxxxxxxxxx for help!