[rodgersorgan] Re: Patriotic Concert

  • From: "Mark W. McClellan" <omicron@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <rodgersorgan@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 22 Sep 2003 21:20:50 -0500

"Noel Heinze"   wrote: <noel.heinze@xxxxxxx>
 Just out of curiosity, of the 200 who attended, how
 many were teenagers or under the age of 50?  What is the seating capacity
of
 the church?

The church seats 300. I don't think that there were any teenagers, (if there
were I didn't see them, as my wife tries to keep the teenage girls out of my
site)  but over half were under fifty, primarily because the Auxiliary is
made up of alot of people that age. We had another concert in January and
packed in over 375 people. The minister told me beforehand that they would
print 375 programs, and I told him that was 300 to many. We were all shocked
when the place filled up. When we dedicated the organ 10 years ago, the
place was full then, and we haven't had another recital until the one in
January. We just figured that attendance wouldn't be very good, but figured
wrong, I guess.When the the Rodgers 805 with pipes was dedicated at St.
Matthew's Episcopal Church in 1999, we had to have three recitals, as the
church only seats 80. There are over 30 concerts a year there and the people
really seem to enjoy the concerts, but I keep a close eye on the repertoire.
It would only take a "bad" concert or two alienate everyone.
Mark

!
Find new MIDI music and Guides to Rodgers Organs at www.frogmusic.com

To post send messages to: rodgersorgan@xxxxxxxxxxxxx