[rodgersorgan] Re: PR-300S and MIDI

  • From: noel jones <gedeckt@xxxxxxxx>
  • To: rodgersorgan@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 22 Sep 2003 22:54:48 -0400

SMF files in the PR-300 seem to read the SYSEX when the disk loads, showing the
registration, cutting out any seconds of silence before the first played note.

It appears that when you saced the files as SMF's this came into play.  Saving
them later as RSC' and RSD's saved exactly what the SMF had in it, so the stops
light immediately.

The four tracks buttons represent indiviual MIDI Channels when recording.  Once
all four are full they can be merged to one...so then you could have MIDI CH
1,2,3, and 4 on the button marked TRACK 1, and then record on the other three
tracks and merge again.

They should have been named something else ()but who knew back them) because it
does get confusing talking about Tracks and MIDI Channels.

If you send meone opf the files that took CH 12 and made it CH1 and it still
played, I woudl like to have a look at it.

I am sure some other memebers will jump in here and answer someomore of this.

noel jones

!
Find new MIDI music and Guides to Rodgers Organs at www.frogmusic.com

To post send messages to: rodgersorgan@xxxxxxxxxxxxx