[rodgersorgan] Patriotic Concert

  • From: "Mark W. McClellan" <omicron@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <rodgersorgan@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 20 Sep 2003 09:41:43 -0500

Last Sunday, 200 people paid $8.00 per ticket to attend a concert of
American (inspired) organ music at First United Methodist Church in Iowa
Falls, Iowa.
The concert was a benefit for Ellsworth Municipal Hospital in Iowa Falls,
and hosted by the Hospital Auxiliary. A ticket to the concert included the
opening flag ceremony by the I.F. Fire and Police Department; the concert, a
quilt show and apple dessert and refreshments. The organ is a Rodgers 945
with a PR-300s.

Prelude and Fugue in D Major          J.S. Bach
The Washington Post            John Phillip Sousa
This is My Song, O God of All the Nations (Finlandia)    Jean Sibelius
Scherzo "Will O the Wisp"        Gordon Balch Nevin
Hornpipe Humoresque            Noel Rawsthorne
A Patriotic Suite            Charles Callahan
Two Pieces For Organ        Scott Joplin
    The Entertainer
    Maple Leaf Rag
Symphony No. 5 in F Minor  Charles-Marie-Widor
     "Toccata"
The Stars and Stripes Forever       John Phillip Sousa/Chenault
    Pat Saxton, assisting organist

 Two songs sung by the audience:
     The Battle Hymn of the Republic
     God Bless America