[rodgersorgan] Re: Organ at Walt Disney Concert Hall???

  • From: RICHARD WILDHIRT <wildrich@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: rodgersorgan@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 30 May 2003 09:53:18 -0700

Yes, the organs design does compliment the building's architecture,
which is equally weird!  In Seattle, we have the Experience Music
Project (http://www.emplive.com/), which also has a very unique
architectural design.  Amidst the other buildings in the Seattle
skyline, it really stands out.  Looks like a big colorful zit.  Inside
is very interesting, and if Paul Allen ever wanted to put an organ in
there, this Disney organ would fit the bill perfectly.  I, too,
wouldn't consider putting this organ in my church's worship center, but
I love how someone has decided to think out of the box.  An organ
having a bad hair day!

Richard Wildhirt
Federal Way, WA
St. Luke's Lutheran Church