[rodgersorgan] Re: Consoles

  • From: "Kenneth & Claire Kohler" <candk@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: rodgersorgan@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 21 Sep 2003 18:26:22 -0700

Having had at least four occasions when "Black Beauty" was at the colleges =
and areas where I taught, I can assure you that there was no "adjustable ke=
ydesk" - however, Virgil would not have been caught dead with the music rac=
k in place or for that matter even attached to the console.

I regularly had the back off the console to "voice" the organ - usually the=
 reeds - which he always wanted louder - especially the trumpets - to the p=
oint of deafening the audience.  I usually set them at his level -- and the=
n turned them down just before the concert - and he never caught on.

Please don't think of this as a criticism of Virgil - it is because of him =
that I am active in the organ industry today.  He was and still is my inspi=
ration - if we had more Virgils today - there might be more excitement for =
the orgAN!

Thank God for the Hector Oliveras and Rodney Barbours of the organ world!

Ken Kohler

!
Find new MIDI music and Guides to Rodgers Organs at www.frogmusic.com

To post send messages to: rodgersorgan@xxxxxxxxxxxxx