[rodgersorgan] Re: Christmas Eve 2002

  • From: William E Ehrke <diapason@xxxxxxx>
  • To: rodgersorgan@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 26 Dec 2002 14:21:57 -0600

I would have to say that the most beautiful worship moment for our congregation
this Christmas Eve
was by far the simplest number in both musical structure and in performance.  A
12-year-old harpist
with just a year's experience played "Silent Night" accompanied by violin and
flute.  It didn't
matter that the score was bare-bones basic nor that the harp was a student's
model.  The very
simplicity of the moment worked into everyone's hearts as nothing else did,
leaving all our elaborate
anthems, solos and perfectly-orchestrated arrangements far behind.  I think we
all learned something
that night.

B.E.

---------