[rodgersorganusers] Re: A Thought About 'Pleasing Folks'

  • From: "K Stiles" <jkstiles@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: rodgersorgan@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 18 Dec 2003 16:12:22 -0500

Charlie,

If that means that the organist is meant to stifle any
creative urges and keep playing the same hymns over and
over again, then I could not possibly disagree more.  That
would be like the pastor refusing to bring a message to
the congregation because someone might not like what he is
going to say.  And at the same time, do we allow a few
people, and in my congregation, it is a few dictate that
the only music we play is the same hymns they've heard all
their life.  The role is of leadership.  But sometimes
leadership is meant to introduce new things to the worship
service.

Keith Stiles
Waynesville, NC

On Thu, 18 Dec 2003 13:42:45 -0600
  "Rodney Rodgers" <churchgallery@xxxxxxx> wrote:

>Charlie, I could not have said it better.  We, as a
>Rodgers Organ dealer, are always trying to convey this to
>musicians considering a new instrument for their
>church--but we are not always able to be this candid.
> Thanks for this.
>Bill Bane

<TEXTAREA NAME="Signature" ROWS="4" COLS="60">