[roc-chat] Re: The Real Threat to ROC - lack of volunteers

  • From: Jeff Gortatowsky <indanapt@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "roc-chat@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <roc-chat@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 11 May 2012 15:59:17 -0700 (PDT)

Dave we all have things we CAN do and some we can't. My eyesight is not exactly
what it used to be... not bad mind you, but with a competent spotter, between
the two of us, be can make things quote safe. I think I can LCO pretty well and
people often praise it afterwards.

Funny I avoid RSO because I feel I'll be MORE strict than I would want others
to be with me! Isn't that insane? So I kind of avoid RSO. Like me telling Kurt,
"Ya know, I am not sure thats safe... " Yikes!

Being a spotter and being the Pad assigner are pretty easy fare. Fixing up the
trailer stuff... been there, done that, not recently, but again, it's pretty
much a no brainer. Sounds like with the new range setup spotters might be even
more important. And also I ask my spotters to watch for kids on the range. I'll
stop launching. I don't want a repeat of an incident last year!

Later...

Jeff Gortatowsky, Redondo Beach, CA | Twitter: JeffGortatowsky | Yahoo:
indanapt
"(Scientific) Skepticism is not a set of beliefs, it is a set of methods for
asking questions about reality." -- Doctor Steven Novella