[roc-chat] Re: Space Day Story in Press Enterprise

  • From: Steve Trammell <stramm8235@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: roc-chat@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 21 May 2011 21:23:02 -0400 (EDT)

Well done gentlemen!

Steve Trammell

On Sat, May 21, 2011 at 1:08 PM, Richard Dierking wrote:

Here's the link to the story in the Press-Enterprise on Space Day in Riverside.

http://www.pe.com/localnews/riverside/stories/PE_News_Local_D_wspace21.3f6a35e.html <http://www.pe.com/localnews/riverside/stories/PE_News_Local_D_wspace21.3f6a35e.html>

For the event, Bryan and I conducted a static rocket engine demonstration along with some other Newton's 3rd Law activities. During the debrief at the end of the event, 3 of the dozen comments from teachers were about rocketry activities and specifically about Bryan's presentation. With approximately 60 different activities at the event, this is significant. In the PE story one of reporter's comments about a 6th grade class that participated in our activity was that the "rocketry demonstrations rocked."

Mission accomplished.

Richard Dierking