[roc-chat] Shock cord attachment advice

  • From: Dave M <muldavea@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "roc-chat@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <roc-chat@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 3 Jan 2014 17:53:00 -0800 (PST)

I have a 2.1" diameter Vulcanite that was built per LOC directions where you
glue a loop of string down inside the aft tube and then attach the elastic
cord. This worked a few times until the elastic cord snapped in two. I replaced
the elastic with a Kevlar cord and it worked great. However, I noticed later
that one side of the loop of sting that was glued inside the tube had almost
broke free (the glue had separated from the tube). I've never built a minimum
diameter rocket, but I'm thinking there are better ideas than this to attach
the shock cord. Are the min diameter rockets using a piston design i.e. PML?
The centering ring for these rockets are too small to make any kind of
attachment.